Tuesday, April 05, 2005

 

the Acts of the Little Green Apples - index

by Jean Stone Willans
printed in the USA by Whitaker House, 1973, reprinted 1995
(aka "The Acts of the Green Apples")

Once upon a time, the Willanses were quiet, respectable suburbanites. But it just wasn't meant to be -- not after Mrs. Willans got acquainted with God and He catapulted them out of their quiet, suburban existence to send them around the world into some heart-warming, miracle-studded, and frankly hilarious adventures. There's one other thing we ought to mention: this story really happened. And if miracles can happen to the Willanses, they can even happen to you ...

Table of Contents

Act 1
Act 1 Cont'd
Act 1 Cont'd (last bit)
Act 2
Act 2 Cont'd
Act 3
Act 4
Act 4 Cont'd
Act 5
Act 5 Cont'd
Act 6
Act 6 Cont'd
Act 7
Act 8
Act 8 Cont'd
Act 9
Act 10
Act 10 Cont'd
Act 11
Act 12
Act 13
Act 14
Act 15
Act 16
Act 17
Act 18
Act 19
Act 20
Epilogue 1995
A Husband's Afterword

Dedication by author:

For Madeleine and Bill Duncan, who encouraged me and loved me when I needed it ...

and for Richard and Suzanne

Comments:
Hello! I know this comment is a little late, compared to when you actually posted it! But I just found your blog this morning and wanted to thank you. I read this book a loonnnnngg looonngg time ago, really enjoyed it, and was thinking about it this morning. So nice to be able to read it again! Thanks for your hard work!
 
I have just read and am re-reading Green Apples. My copy is yellowed and old. I had to wonder about whether copies were still available, is there some ministry still alive as a result of the book, is the author and/or husband alive. This blog I found is last dated 2005 ! I have read the epilogue and Husbands Afterward and am amazed to discover the origins of their relationship was here in NH where I live ! By a rough calculation it seems Jean and Rick are likely no longer living , wouldn't they have to be nearing 100 ? Who carries on their work today? Very much interested in a ministry update please?

Richard
 
Yes Auntie Christie. The book is still available (at considerable cost) but just think of all the lovely stuff in there.

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?